Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Fantastic Mr. Fox


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory plus James and the Giant Peach are the better-known books by Roald Dahl, but I recently discovered Fantastic Mr. Fox. I didn't realize that it had been recently re-introduced to the world as an animated film. I came across a CD audiobook of Roald Dahl reading his own Fantastic Mr. Fox! Since I am always looking for new things to engage my students, I purchased it, listened to it, and fell in love with it. I plan to introduce the CD audiobook (in segments) to my students this week.

I found a great site that has lesson plans, comprehension questions, vocabulary words, etc. I really liked the reading comprehension questions because the questions cover types of sentences, synonyms, and context clues. Click here for the site.


No comments: