Sunday, October 25, 2009

Searching For Ways to Work Smarter, Not Harder

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Am I dreaming? I am STILL enjoying my fourth-grade class. I was told to get some sleep before school started because I had 3 or 4 'strong personalities' in my class. Compared to last year, however, this class is a 'dream' so far.

However, for some reason, I am working harder this year--I can't seem to leave before 5 PM. That's 2 hours after school has let out. I also arrive at the school aroound 6:45, almost 2 hours before school starts. It's amazing: the administrative work, the paperwork, the grading, etc. Actually, I don't mind the morning hours....it's nice and quiet, and there are only 5 of us in the school at that time; so I can get a lot of work done. But instead of working harder, I need to find a way to work 'smarter'....

1 comment:

brspeer said...

You have piqued my interest. Have you found ways to work smarter? I would love to read a follow up blog sharing these tips, as I feel many fellow teachers could benefit from them.