Sunday, September 20, 2009

Really Enjoying My New Fourth-Grade Class


I am really enjoying my new fourth-grade class. I am always amazed at the dynamics of a new class. It never ceases to amaze me how different 20 little students can be. I feel stronger this year...I find that I am more organized and, of course, that helps with classroom instruction.

I saw my last year's standardized test scores for my class. Tears came to my eyes. Tears of joy! I couldn't believe it. They said we could not do it, and here I was looking at Proficient and Advanced scores for almost my entire class! YES! I am SO proud of them! I am still floating on Cloud Nine. This tells me, that for the most part, I am doing the right thing, in spite of the old textbooks.

I found a really nice fourth-grade class web site. The teacher who governs the site is Mrs. Renz. (I am so jealous of her classroom. If I had a classroom like that, I would feel as if I had died and went to Heaven.) On the website there are several Teacher Resources. Just click on the 'Just For Teachers' button at the top of the page.

2 comments:

brspeer said...

Awesome! I, too, was amazed at the reading scores of some of the students in my fall student teaching class (also fourth grade). It is such a wonderful feeling! Thanks for the website, always on the lookout for more resources!

writemind said...

Yes, it makes me feel that I can make a difference. This year I feel EMPOWERED!