Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Will Our Students be Ready in 2020?




Thirty years ago, I never thought I would be teaching technology. When I first arrived at the school where I currently teach this discipline, I asked the elementary school students to imagine their young lives without the modern miracle of a computer. Many of them looked at me with a scared earnestness and actually told me that they would die and that the world would come to an end. When I reminded them that Confucius, Plato, George Washington, Martin Luther King, Jr., or even their great-grandmother accomplished great things without a computer, I am not sure they believed me. Children are so accustomed to computer technology that they cannot imagine a world without it.

...all rights reserved...to be continued...

No comments: